…”congratulations, you’re pregnant!”
I spent some time jotting those down as the day progressed… I am sure I will have fun reading these later. Maybe years later.
Thoughts passing through my head:
- I cannot believe this
- Is there really a baby in there?
- It’s as big as a poppy seed now!
- It’s heart will start beating next week!
- What a perfect timing with yesterday’s job offer! I’ll save some money AND accumulate enough hours to collect maternity leave money from the government!
- Well, I won’t be going to graphic design school this fall. Their program goes until e/o Feb or early March – it looks like my due date is Feb. 5th (according to an online calculator… and since I know my ovulation date precisely, it’s quite accurate)
- I wonder why there’s no morning sickness. I heard women with no morning sickness are at higher risk of miscarriage
- So those early morning freaking urges to pee WERE a sign of pregnancy!
- And I also thought I noticed my areolas darkening… browning a bit
- Well, the growing boobs are all because of the progesterone suppositories… but they aren’t tender or anything. But then they never were even with my periods.
- What if they’re wrong? It wasn’t the regular nurse taking blood today, but a replacement. What if she mixed up the vials? What if she ran the test wrong?
- I am terrified that something might go wrong
- I wanna share these news with the whole world – but I can’t, not until the first trimester is over. I shared with ALL of you (which is a pretty damn close substitution for “telling everyone”) – and my closest friends.
- I am so glad my new job is part time. I hope everything will be fine there (e.g. I won’t get fired or something… it’s a contract until e/o December, so I hope everything’ll be fine)
- I should start saving money for my mat leave
- I worry that I was overly active this morning (to prevent myself from staring at the phone, a prepared a long todo list and got working on it: loaded the dishwasher, cleaned both bathrooms (and I HATE cleaning bathtubs, it gives me back aches), cleaned all the winter shoes to be put away, stored away winter clothes, brought down my summer shoes, cooked vanilla-rosemary chicken…
- Will I be even able to wear all those funky summer shoes? Almost everything I posses is high-heeled and generally highly uncomfortable
- I hope I won’t be too morning-sick. I don’t want my new boss finding out about my pregnancy too early on
- I have no clue what the next steps are. I am so used to seeing docs and nurses all the time, and from what I heard now there will be prolonged periods of time with no communication. That’s scary!
- I have to start drinking more water. And peeing more *sigh*. I really don’t drink enough. Not even close.
- I am so glad I passed on those martinis yesterday and those sushi on Monday (I went for BBQ eel sushi instead).
- I wonder if that’s pregnancy that makes me bruise even easier than ever now. My legs make me look like a home abuse victim.
- I am going to be a mom? There will be a baby? There is ALREADY a baby inside me? Half me, half my hubby? That’s a MIRACLE. True miracle.
- I’ll have to become a Costco member… diapers there are best priced!
- My parents-in-law will be visiting us in 3 weeks… should we tell’em?
- How do people dress to hide pregnancy? I am pretty slim.
- I will be working for an alcohol company – how will I be explaining my non-drinking (until I finally break the news)?
- A bit disappointed my hubby didn’t bring anything – flowers or something. Came home and went out for his karate class (after a couple of minutes of tender hugs and nervous laughs)
- What is this pain on the left side? Is this ECTOPIC?
- No, no pain… not anymore… gas now…
- Some pains again… on the left… that’s where the follicle was…
- My hubby came home and I expressed how I feel. He’s out now (it’s past 10 pm) buying something to celebrate a bit. I am putting on candles.
That’s all for today…