Tanya tagged me in this fun game of tag.
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
- Tag 11 people
My 11 Random Things:
- When I was a tween, I intended to become a writer. I wrote a few children books, some of which I find quite good even today. As a teen, I moved on to drawing comics with me as the main character, fantasizing about boys Now all I write is blogs. Well, and presentations and reports for work…
- Over the course of my life, I lived in 5 different countries for extended periods of time.
- I know 4 languages – 2 very fluent, one is more of a “read and understand”, one is purely conversational. I can read it, but can’t stand having to read more than a couple of sentences, it drives me insane.
- I have outstandingly strong nails. I clip them when they get too long to type comfortably. I haven’t had short nails since I was about 12. I am going to cut them in the next few days prior to my baby’s arrival. That’s gonna be weird for me.
- I loved geometry and algebra in school. Never used them since – cannot remember any of the trigonometry stuff any longer.
- I love everything to do with publishing and printing. I absolutely have to be the first one to open a freshly arrived magazine. I cannot used e-readers – I need to hold a book, see and feel its quality.
- I met Queen Elizabeth II.
- I cannot make myself go to a gym or for a run. Exercising is the most boring, dreadful thing on earth for me. I prefer watching my food intake and weighing myself regularly.
- I’ve been drawing and painting as long as I can remember myself. I drew LOTS in my late teens. I even attempted a graphic design career (studied for one year and then had to drop it). I still enjoy painting and doing other creative projects with my hands – mosaics, applications, etc.
- I have the longest sweet tooth you have ever seen. I love, love, LOVE sweets. Pastries, dark chocolate, flan cakes… Almost anything!
- I like walking. When visiting other places, the best thing for me is to get out and start walking, soaking in the views, listening to locals, inhaling the smells, taking pictures, keeping notes for my travel blog. I can walk for hours like that.
My 11 Random Questions from Tanya:
- Do you have a favorite website that you check out everyday? If so, what website? My email and my blogs and blogs I read. Well, and facebook.
- Did you have any pets growing up? Parrots. My sister is allergic to fur, so parrots were the only option. I found them quite boring – you can’t even really pet them.
- Do you have any funny stories about moving? God, I moved about 20 times in my life… Funny stories? Once the movers brought all the boxes and furniture and left, and alarm went off in one of the boxes. Boxes were a few rows deep, a few boxes tall. And it was the kind of alarm that only shuts up when you press the button (or when the battery dies). It took me a while to find which of the boxes was ringing and get to the alarm.
- What is your favorite room in your house and why? Living room. It’s bright and spacious enough for both me and my hubby to sit companionably together, in the same room, doing different things.
- Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world? That’s a tough question – I traveled so much. Perhaps, Easter Island.
- Who is the most influential person in your life? I don’t have influential people. I don’t idolize people. Certain deeds inspire me, but not people.
- What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? I don’t watch TV. I don’t even have cable.
- When do you go to bed? Get up? I got to bed between 11 and 12. If I have to go to work, I wake up at 7-7:30. If not – around 9.
- What is your idea of a dream date? (Money is not an issue.) Hmmm. Never thought about it. An open-air restaurant somewhere in Europe on a warm seashore.
- What is your least favorite food? Bony meat – wings and ribs. Because it’s too messy.
- What was your favorite subject in school? Algebra and geometry.
The 11 People I’m Tagging:
- Artist Mouse
- Eighteenyears’s Blog
- rs. E
- St Elsewhere
- China Doll
My random questions:
- What was your most memorable travel destination? Why?
- Tell a story of how you met someone famous
- What was your greatest fear in childhood?
- If there was one thing about your appearance that you could change, what would that be?
- What skill are you most proud of?
- Who did you wanna become when you grow up?
- Is there a household chore that you enjoy?
- What book did you enjoy the most over the past year?
- Show a picture that captures one of your best memories
- If someone gave you a year-long paid sabbatical, what would you do?
- Tell about the place you live in (city, neighbourhood, country… make it as big or as precise as you wish)